Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rejoice in the Good!

The Holy Father said this today:

The Pontiff noted how "we are always attentive to problems and to difficulties," but there is almost an unwillingness "to perceive that there are beautiful things that come from the Lord."

Attention to the good, "which becomes gratitude," he said, "is very important for us; it creates in us a memory for the good and it helps us also in times of darkness."

"God accomplishes great things, and whoever experiences this -- attentive to the Lord's goodness with an attentiveness of heart -- is filled with joy," the Pontiff affirmed.
This is something I often bring up in my talks on culture - to rejoice in the good. I bring this up not because I'm good at it, but because I know it's important, yet often struggle with it myself.

You can read the rest of his talk here: Don't Get Lost in Problems, says Pope.

And speaking of being grateful for the good, 35 men from the Pontifical North American College at the Vatican were ordained deacons last week. You can see a photo here: (the settings won't let me share it). The deacon on the far left was stationed at our parish for the last three summers. We are so happy for him!

I have yet to type up my notes from my conference talk in Napa last summer. Maybe this will remind me to get to it soon. Have a beautiful day!

No comments: