Monday, August 04, 2008

The Long-Overdue Meme

Since I've been tagged by both Ana and Jeff over the last few months (?) I thought maybe I shoud try this one, the problem is narrowing it down to just six. :) I guess they aren't *exactly* the same meme (one specifies "unspectacular quirks"), but I'll just let you decide whether they're spectacular or unspectacular.

1. I'm really pretty bad at small talk, but I love interesting conversations (one on one or in large groups). I'm a bit socially awkward in general, but lest you think this is due to my homeschooled upbringing, I'm quite certain that I became much more outgoing during my homeschooled high school years than I was in Catholic grade school. In grade school I generally befriended the least popular people in the class. They were easy to be friends with and I absolutely detested cliques (even though I didn't really know what they were at that time - it's just in my personality). With homeschooling - especially having so few homeschooled high schoolers at that time - you were basically friends with everyone.

2. People think I'm a fast reader, but I'm really not - especially since I often have trouble focusing. Also, the bigger the stack of books that I feel I have to read, the slower I seem to go. Along the same lines, when I have too much to blog about, I often find myself unable to blog.

3. It's very, very easy for me to get addicted to a new game on the computer. For a long time I had absolutely no games whatsoever on my computer. I think that helped. I haven't gone through a streak of mindlessly playing computer games for a long time and currently I do have some games on my computer.

4. I start a lot of books I don't finish (mostly non-fiction ones - I often feel like I've gotten the gist of the idea about half-way through and skim the rest). I never read just one book at a time.

5. Since we got our new camera a few months ago (a digital SLR) I've been seeing things in terms of photography a lot more than I used to. I've also been noticing light a lot more. I've always loved photos.

6. I absolutely detest imposing on people - to a fault. This makes me act rather stupidly at times. I'm often worried about imposing on people by calling them on the phone. I have a hard time inviting people to work on projects with me for the same reason. I've never liked hosting any of those parties where people are supposed to buy things (though I never really mind being invite). Ihate tagging people for memes, though I don't mind being tagged myself. So you're on your own - let me know if you decide to play along.

No comments: