Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Unnecessary Worries

Sometimes I worry that I'm not doing enough with my little ones. There are certainly educational things that I did more deliberately and more thoroughly with my older children when they were four and six than I'm doing with Frank and Kate.

And yet, there has been some strong evidence of late that they're picking things up quite well. Kate's been spouting out perfectly formed tidbits of theology that she's picked up here and there - almost as if she had carefully memorized it, but better!

What she said today was an explanation of why she decided to help her little brother. She said...
Mommy, do you know why I helped Frank? Because God said, 'Treat others the way you want to be treated.'
There have been other things too - about Jesus' suffering on the cross (which she was able to tell me she picked up from the meditation read at Stations of the Cross) and about the Trinity and things like that.

No comments: