Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A couple of movies

Miss Potter is delightful! Just finished it early this morning - a really wonderful celebration of imagination and creativity. Elizabeth Foss has a whole rabbit trail going about Beatrix Potter here.

John and I took Frank to see Rataouille on Sunday. We were planning on going by ourselves at first (since I'll be taking all of the kids to see it when John goes to Taiwan next month) but Frank really wanted to go and we thought it would be easier for the babysitter if he went along with us. I promised John I'd take him out if he got noisy (since I'd have another chance to see the movie later). I didn't have to. He was glued from start to finish (the popcorn and root beer we were sharing didn't hurt). It was a very entertaining movie - lots of laugh-out-loud stuff. Sometimes the rats - especially in the food context - were just a bit much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I’m working on a marketing project with Scholastic to connect with parents like you who are publishing great content. Our goal is to raise awareness about Maya & Miguel http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel a program for kids on PBS that promotes cultural diversity and language learning.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at mark@boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

All the best,
Mark Steidler