Monday, May 14, 2007

Movie Meme

I just found this fun meme at No Fighting, No Biting.

Go to imdb.com and look up your favorite 10 movies, noting 5 key words for each. These are ten of my favorites - couldn't possibly consider this a final list. Guess which movies these are...

1. Norwegian-American, writer, mother, cat, San Francisco (updated to make it a little easier)

2. marriage, courtship, fistfight, Ireland, cottage

3. sea battle, healing, chariot, leprosy, slavery (come on - this one's easy!)

4. small town, alarm clock, Deja vu, piano lesson, television

5. gourmet, Paris France, refugee, feast, period piece (updated to make it a little easier)

6. secretary, harmonica, banker, grandfather, fireworks

7. Washington D.C., housing shortage, World War II, farce, lodger (updated to make it a little easier)

8. Los Angeles, translator, chef, private school, Mexico

9. New York, photographer, science experiment, agility, teenage boy

10. French Resistance, love triangle, nightclub, piano, airplane

Correct Guesses So Far:

1. I Remember Mama

2. The Quiet Man

3. Ben Hur

4. Groundhog Day

5. Babette's Feast

6. You Can't Take it With You

7. The More the Merrier

8. Spanglish

9. Spiderman

10. Casablanca


Let me know if you decide to share the fun. Way to go anonymous! :)

13 comments:

arlawless said...

My guesses:

2. Far and Away
3. Groundhog Day
8. Spanglish

(I love Spanglish, by the way!)

What a fun meme! (And I still have to do the marriage one. Doh!)

Anonymous said...

#9 is definitely Spiderman!!

~coyote

arlawless said...

Oops, make Groundhog Day #4. I've never seen it, but I'm guessing based on the "Deja vu" and "alarm clock" clues.

arlawless said...

Funny, I took the "Ireland" and "fistfight" clues from #2 and immediately thought Far and Away. I'm reminded, though, that the movie featured *boxing*, not fistfighting. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember it being a decent movie.

Now I'm dying to know what #2 really is!

love2learnmom said...

Ah, well I've never seen Far and Away. Perhaps I should add it to my Netflix list. But I want to see if there are any other guesses before I reveal #2. :)

Say, nice to see you around coyote.

love2learnmom said...

By the way, nearly all of the remaining movies are "old" movies.

Anonymous said...

#2 sounds like The Quiet Man.

Anonymous said...

#6 You Can't Take It With You

~coyote

Anonymous said...

10. CASABLANCA

Anonymous said...

3. Ben-Hur

duh, the sea battle confused me. haven't seen that one for a loooooong time.

~coyote

love2learnmom said...

Yeah, I thought "chariot race" was a little too obvious. :)

Anonymous said...

7 is The More the Merrier. I'm still working on the other 2.

Anonymous said...

Got the last 2: 1) I Remember Mama and 5) Babette's Feast.