Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception!

A beautiful, but busy day for us. It's kind of funny how things worked out. John and Ria went to 6:30 Mass this morning since Ria had classes during our planned 8:30 am Mass. But then, we couldn't quite get everyone out the door in time (let's just say it was 8:30 and a certain little girl was still wearing clothes completely inappropriate for 10 degree weather!). So I took the kids to 7:00 Mass tonight - which was just beautiful! Great music and one of the best homilies I've ever heard at our parish - this visiting priest has a beautiful devotion to Our Lady and a friendly, engaging demeanor (great combination!). We discovered that he is the chaplain of a local Carmelite monastery and that he says a daily Mass once a week at our parish. Happiness!

Did I mention that we had great music? Church music at our parish has really been depressing me lately so this was such a nice change. Sing of Mary, Ave Maria (very decent soloist), that Magnificat by John Michael Talbot (beautiful words, if not my favorite hymn) and Immaculate Mary. And they actually rang the bells! I haven't heard the bells in SO long.

By the way, I wanted to apologize for all the craziness on bloglines and all today. We finally got switch to the new Blogger today - it took hours (quite a load of blogs we had to move)! I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the Google team - this is pretty complex stuff and everything seems to have transferred beautifully.

Off to get some sleep before our big Latin Club Christmas Party tomorrow. There's been quite a flurry of pre-cleaning and pre-decorating so far, but we're also getting a crew of helpers sometime tomorrow morning (and believe me, we can use the help!).

5 comments:

arlawless said...

I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the Google team - this is pretty complex stuff and everything seems to have transferred beautifully.

I'm glad it worked out well for you... my blog, on the other hand, has vanished, disappeared, gone *poof*. :-(

I've written to Blogger and am patiently (yeah, right) waiting for their reply (and solution!). Waah!!!

love2learnmom said...

I was wondering what happened! I thought there was something wrong with my Bloglines. Yikes!

Were you transferring to the new blogger when it happened?

arlawless said...

Yeah, I was switching. Yikes is right. Dunno what happened, or what will happen... I'm just hoping, of course, that I get my blog back!

love2learnmom said...

I hope so too - that stinks! I do remember reading somewhere that they have backups of everything so that even if things don't seem to work it should be okay.

arlawless said...

Thanks for mentioning that. It gives me hope! :-)