Saturday, December 09, 2006

Chesterton Game

courtesy of the Blog of the American Chesterton Society

1. When did you first read a Chesterton book, story, or poem, and which was it?

The Fr. Brown Omnibus. I read this over the summer before my junior or senior year in high school. I was supposed to read three books from Kolbe Academy's reading list over the summer. Unfortunately I didn't quite finish that one (shouldn't it have counted for 4 1/2 though?) I loved the stories of course.

2. What was the most recent of GKC's writings you read?

Well, I still haven't quite finished The Everlasting Man. Getting very close, though. I aim to finish before Christmas. The last GKC book I finished was The Man Who Was Thursday which I read aloud to the older kids this summer.


3. Which is your favorite book, poem - or quote?

I don't know. It might be Ballad of the White Horse.

4. Which would you recommend to a beginner?

I think it might depend on whether they favored history, poetry, mystery stories, fantasy, theology, or whatever. There's definitely something there for everyone!

5. What is the most unusual fact or quirky detail you know about G.K.Chesterton?

Well, this is really about his wife, so I'm not sure if it counts. She worked for the Parents' Educational Union before she married GKC. The Parent's Educational Union was Charlotte Mason's organization for training teachers.

No comments: