Monday, October 16, 2006

Speaking of Movies...

George Stevens is one of my favorite directors for movies like The More the Merrier and I Remember Mama. Looks like there are quite a few more of his movies I'll have to check out some day.

It was interesting to note, in a little introduction to I Remember Mama (I love DVDs with all the extra goodies) that Stevens was good friends with Frank Capra (It's a Wonderful Life You Can't Take it With You, It Happened One Night and many others), William Wyler (Ben Hur, Roman Holiday) and Michael Curtiz (Casablanca, White Christmas). What a pool of talent! Stevens, Capra and Wyler founded Liberty films just after World War II.

2 comments:

Ria said...

Michael Curtiz also directed several movies with Errol Flynn including Captain Blood.

love2learnmom said...

Right - and I forgot about all the Errol Flynn movies we watched a little while back.