Tuesday, October 10, 2006

One of those "Duh!" Moments

I had one of those "duh" moments just now - I jumped to a conclusion but rather quickly had a change in my point of view (yes we've been thinking and talking about The Phantom Tollbooth lately).

I have a weather alert set up on my computer since I'm in an area that can occasionally experience severe weather. All day today, it's been popping up with an "Urgent" warning about freezing temperatures. "How ridiculous!" I thought. "It's around 50 degrees right now - where's the desperate urgency?!"

Then I finally clicked on the alert and read what it had to say, ending with this...

"A FREEZE WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE...WHICH COULD KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION DURING THE GROWING SEASON."

Duh!

No comments: