I didn't really get tagged, but I felt like memeing (I've really enjoyed reading others' responses) and Amy gave me a perfect excuse. :)
1. I am totally, brings tears-to-my-eyes, crazy about babies, especially newborns.
2. A wonderful lady gave me three years of piano lessons for free when I was in grade school.
3. In high school I took second place in a VFW speech contest on "The Challenge of American Citizenship."
4. I share(d) a birthday with Pope John Paul II. My fondness for him goes way beyond that, of course. He was such a witness of hope and truth - especially in my formative years. I remember in particular going to see him in Monterrey, California in 1987 (I was 17 at the time). When he left in a helicopter everyone was waving and cheering and I felt compelled to climb some sort of scaffolding thing nearby to wave from there. We love the John Paul II movie that was just released by Ignatius Press, by the way. I need to review it soon.
5. "Pocahontas" was my dad's nickname for me when I was little.
6. My parents "found" my name from Donald O'Connor's daughter, Alicia, who was friends with my big sister when my family lived in Los Angeles a few years before I was born.
7. I love organizing things but I am definitely NOT a neat freak.
8. I've never been out of the country before, though I had a passport for many years because I *almost* went with my Mom to Europe just before college. There were two very inexpensive tickets made available to us, but one of them, alas, fell through.
9. My godfather was an Air Force chaplain before he retired to take over a tough parish in the Boston Archdiocese. I've never met him (even when I was a baby), but I hope to some day.
10. I have a quirky sense of humor that sometimes seems to confuse people.
I tag Ria, Suzanne, Nutmeg, Molly, and any of the "love2learn" ladies who happen to see the post.