Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Summer Reading List

A lot of people are posting their Summer Reading List on their blogs. I'm going to keep mine pretty loose. I like to aim high, but give myself a lot of wiggle room. Chance are I'll finish 70-80%. In addition to potentially finishing the books listed in my sidebar (some are more potential than others), these are on my reading "wish list" (some are with the kids, some just for me, some for the sake of review):

The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
Failure to Connect by Jane Healy
Religion and the Rise of Western Culture by Christopher Dawson
some short stories by Flannery O'Connor
Father Damien and the Bells by Arthur and Elizabeth Sheehan
The Blue Fairy Book edited by Andrew Lang
John Paul the Great by Peggy Noonan
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto (in progress)
Victory on the Walls: A Story of Nehemiah by Frieda Clark Hyman
And on This Rock by Stanley L.Jaki
Damien the Leper by John Farrow
If You Really Loved Me by Jason Evert
The Joyful Mysteries of Life by Catherine and Bernard Scherrer
Christ the King, Lord of History by Anne Carroll
Blue Willow and a few others by Doris Gates
keep working through the extended Little House series (we're in the Martha Years right now)

No comments: