Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bernie's Poem

I am from birds, from Emperor's Kitchen and movies.

I am from a white house with lots of trees; flower gardens and vegetable gardens.

I am from roses and tulips, and from my garden with butterfly bushes, moonflowers, dahlias and hanging plants.

I am from Easter and co-op, Mommy, Daddy, Ria, Gus, Terri, Kate, Frank, Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma, Granddad, Aunt Anne and all my aunts and uncles and cousins and friends.

I am from playing in the sandbox, swinging on the swingset and swimming; from watching movies, playing with dolls and drawing.

I am from St. Charles and Holy Hill; from God and angels and saints.

I'm from Wisconsin; from tortillas with cheese, spaghetti and salmon.

From yelling "chair" at my siblings when I was little because they were fighting over a chair.

I am from pictures at the Art Museum and in photo albums.

No comments: