Saturday, March 25, 2006

Beautiful Things

I don't have anything wonderful to share about this great feast day today, except some things I found on other sites. Our day ended on a particularly beautiful note as we finished reading Hilda Van Stockum's Pegeen (the final book in the Cottage at Bantry Bay series). It's nearly impossible to do it justice in a summary, it's one of the most beautiful and touching and delightful children's books I've ever read, though. Something about an understanding heart and the beauty of children even when they're a handful of trouble. But that's just a thread of it, there's so much laugh-out-loud true-ness about it. Sigh.

Anyway, here's a little peek around the blogosphere on this Solemnity of the Annunciation. Gotta start with the family of course...

First, my daughter, "Ria" tells about a connection between the Annunciation and the Fall of Sauron. Next, my sister (and godmother) has a lovely poem for the day.

Dr. Thursday has an awesome (hmmm, let's see if Ria catches me on the use of the word awesome - I've got a good argument though!) post on his favorite GKC quote which is, not surprisingly, appropriate for the Feast as well.

Karen E. has a post with some great links and the idea of spiritually adopting and praying for an unborn child in danger of abortion for the nine months from now until Christmas.

One of my very favorite Christmas hymns Gabriel's Message is very beautiful and appropriate for the day. Here are the words at least. Funny thing is, even though it's a very old song, I was introduced to it during high school in a rendition done by Sting on the album called A Very Special Christmas.

No comments: