Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just Dabbling Again

(Originally published 2/27/14 on Chezvh.com.)

I've really been aching to start writing again, especially over the past few months. The problem of course, is where to start. We've had a dramatic life event (more on that later) happen in our extended family this month and that's made me want to start writing even more. Facebook updates just don't cut it.


Reading (and even watching) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a piece of this puzzle, to want to write. Not only did I love the writing in The Book Thief, but it somehow made the idea of writing (more) more accessible; perhaps something about the quirky turns of phrases that were so clearly part of the author's "voice" made me feel like my own "voice" might be worth trying out again.



Here are a few quotes which are also making me think.


“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”


Maya Angelou


"I write to find out what I think."

Stephen King


No comments: