Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Impossible" Novena Begins Today

Thanks to my mom for reminding me!

Reposted from previous years...

There's a beautiful nine month novena that starts on the feast of the Annunciation, and ends on Christmas; commemorating the nine months that our saviour was in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It's fairly simple and easy to memorize. You pick three "impossible" intentions to pray for and I've heard (and experienced) many amazing stories of prayers answered.


Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Pray for us, most holy mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

All Virgin of the Incarnation, a thousand times we greet you, a thousand times we praise you for thy joy you had when God was incarnated in you. Because you are so powerful O Virgin and Mother of God, grant what we ask of you for the love of God.

[state your first intention]

Repeat all of the above for your second and third intentions

Remember, O most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Blessed and praised be the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, in Heaven, on earth and everywhere. Amen.

4 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Thanks for posting this - I'm going to start it!!!!

Jennifer in TX said...

Thank you so much for posting this. What a beautiful novena--I have two difficult intentions and should have no trouble finding a third....:)
Blessed Feast to you.

Megan said...

Would the selling of a house in this economy be considered an impossible intention!?

I think I definitely need to do this one! Thanks for posting.

Amy said...

I have never heard of this prayer. One of my dearest friends is having surgery tomorrow for a brain aneurysm. She is a mom to 5 kids, ages 13,11,9,7,3. She is a living saint. Thank you so much for sharing this. Thank you also to Daniellle Bean for posting it on Facebook.