Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sometimes Good Things DO Come to Those Who Wait

Just last night (literally!) I started re-reading Cardinal Ratzinger's God and the World (it's an interview-style book on faith and spirituality that's especially helpful for those who are unclear about the idea of faith or even looking at it from the outside - this is from what I've seen so far, I've really only just started reading it - more than once!) and was wishing that I had picked up a stack of them when it was on sale last summer for $5. I thought they might make nice gifts or have to give to people I chat with who are interested in understanding more about how we can relate to God. Unfortunately, last summer I needed to be more frugal as our finances weren't in the best state and so I was pretty conservative in my purchases.

Funny thing, because I woke up this morning to discover that Ignatius Press is having another big sale and God and the World is again on sale for $5. This time around I'm getting a big stack of them. Check out the sale here.

P.S. What It Means to be a Christian by Pope Benedict XVI, which I blogged about back here, is also on sale for $5.

No comments: