Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Another Quote on Gratitude...

I can't believe I forgot this Chesterton one in my earlier post - it's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about in how gratitude can help us keep things balanced. Fortunately, I've been catching up on some of Dr. Thursday's posts while we're getting through the flu here and he mentioned the quote in a recent post...
...we should thank God for beer and Burgundy by not drinking too much of them.
[GKC, Orthodoxy CW1:268]
Also, while I'm at it, Willa left the following Chesterton quote in the comments box of the previous post on Gratitude:
"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."

3 comments:

arlawless said...

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. :-( I hope you all get over it quickly!

Out of curiosity, do you get the flu shot? I'm just wondering if you got the shot but wound up getting the flu anyway.

Get well soon!

Love,
Molly

love2learnmom said...

No, no shots. We're pretty inconsistent about that sort of thing. John often gets them at work and I get them when the doctors recommends for some reason (usually when I'm pregnant). Otherwise, they don't even cross my mind.

arlawless said...

Well, at least you'll all get your flu over and done with before Christmas! :-)