Sunday, July 20, 2008

What I've Been Working on the Last Few Weeks

My in-laws are celebrating their 50th anniversary and this is the display from the front entrance to the hall they rented for the celebration.

I really enjoy being "forced" into working on something of an artistic nature on occasion - it's very relaxing and refreshing. This was a bit tricky because we were covering a bulletin board, but weren't allowed to take anything down from it. It was enormous too - each of the four picture sections is on an entire piece of foam board. The gold framed picture in the middle is a papal blessing that they received for a wedding present from the priest who officiated at their wedding (my father-in-law's cousin).

I had a lot of help pulling the final product together. There were eight or ten of us (my daughters, a bunch of my nieces and one of my sisters-in-law) involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing. I hope you took photos of all you working on it - I'm sure those memories will be cherished as well.

love2learnmom said...

Thanks! Yes, we had a huge family group setting up the entire party and several of them came through with cameras - haven't seen the pics yet, though.