Saturday, June 14, 2008

At the Conference...

The Chesterton Conference is an amazing little world to dip into for a few days. The fantastical wonder of sitting down with perfect strangers and finding that you have more in common than not particularly struck me when we picked up one of the Chesterteens (and her aunt) from the airport who flew in from Spain for the conference.

I haven't made it to all the talks, as I've done my share of kid-chasing (and going to bed early - I missed the latest talk on both Thursday and Friday), but I've really enjoyed the ones I attended. Dale Ahlquist's introductory talk (on the introduction to Orthodoxy) was not only funny and insightful, but the humor itself seemed in a way to help in clarifying and solidifying the subject matter in my head.

More later...

No comments: