Monday, February 11, 2008

How Appropriate...

That the strep going around prevented us from getting to Mass today for the 150th anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady to St. Bernadette in Lourdes - because today is also the World Day of the Sick. We'll stay home and remember those less fortunate than us. We've been watching (with a brief interlude for Pink Panther cartoons) the beautiful and timeless Song of Bernadette.

Speaking of Lourdes, I loved reading my sister's reflections on her years that she lived in Lourdes...

I admit that selfishly I loved Lourdes best in the winter when there were few pilgrims. I would touch the damp grotto walls and watch the candles flickering in the rough wind. Then we few would attend Mass standing in the curve of the rock, wrapped up against the cold.
Read the rest here.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Alicia,

I am praying that you all get well soon.

love2learnmom said...

Thank you - you are very kind!