Monday, October 08, 2007

Things that make me smile


IMG_9286
Originally uploaded by Chez VH
I looked out my bathroom window the other morning - I think it was Friday - to see the most beautiful sunlight emanating through the light sprinkling of fall colors in our backyard. A light mist enhanced the serenity and beauty of the scene. It was gorgeous!

I made my way downstairs and onto the back deck. I couldn't help smiling when I saw that Ria had beaten me to the punch. She was outside, walking around, soaking it in after having already taken a few lovely pictures (including this one).

3 comments:

M.E. said...

Beautiful indeed! And how cool that you and your daughter both appreciate such moments! :-)

Just yesterday I was in my own backyard, reflecting on the beauty of creation "even" in just a small suburban backyard. The warm evening air, the brilliant orange pumpkins and red tomatoes in the garden, the insistent call of a lone cicada from a nearby tree, the pink and orange sunset... I had to stop and just take it all in. It's there if we have eyes to see it.

Mrs. Bear said...

What an incredible photo! I love it.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

See? It pays to get up early!! (Yes, I am one of those obnoxious "morning people". )

Ria, your photo is gorgeous.