Mrs. Bear tagged me...
A picture of now, between past and future.
1. a. Describe your outfit. Black sleeveless t-shirt, denim shorts, bare feet
b. What associations does the main color evoke? Um, not much. Black tends to, ahem, flatter.
c. Is there a memory associated with that outfit (or part of
it)? I picked up the shirt to go with some Hawaiian capris (to match my husband's favorite Hawaiian shirt) for a 4th of July party we hosted a few years ago. It was fun!
2. a. Are you listening to music? I was until just a moment ago. Gus is doing the Mavis Beacon typing program (there's a prize available if he gets up to a certain speed) and he gets to pick his own music - he chose "The Story of Mozart" to have on in the background. He just stopped it (after I started this post) to put the dog in her kennel since she was barking rather loudly at squirrels.
b. Was this intentional? Not on my part. It's Gus's fault. :)
c. What does the music make you remember? Hearing the kids listen to this CD at bedtime in our old house.
3. a. Describe the objects within arm's reach. There's tons of stuff in reach on my messy desk. Piles of books (at least three), a pile of papers to be filed, and miscellaneous scattered papers and envelopes (esp. for the library summer reading program).
b. Choose one object and tell where you acquired it. The Bible I used at TAC (a softcover copy of the RSVCE - I bought this at the TAC bookstore almost 20 years ago) is on top of Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI - on account of their recent use at our teen catechism discussion last Tuesday. It's missing its back cover.
c. On the whole, are the objects new (memory blanks) or old (memory filled)? Mostly books that are fairly new to me, but not particularly new in and of themselves. Many of them came from my mother-in-law who was recently getting rid of some of her books. They're still on my desk because I always bring "new" books here first to add them to my LibraryThing.
4. a. What room are you in? I am in the "sun room".
b. To what extent is it yours? The desk area is almost completely *mine*. :) John gets privileges when he's here, but the kids use the other computer.
c. What kind of memories will you have in the future of this
room? Reading, dancing together, large family meals (we usually have the table without leaves in here and eat at the kitchen counter, but the table is huge when it has all its leaves), extended family parties, movies and lots more.
4. What were you doing before starting this post, and what would you like to do next? Checking out the reading list for Wyoming Catholic College. Next I should skype John at work and then eat some lunch.