Monday, April 16, 2007

Lord Help Us!

Please pray for all those involved in the Virginia Tech University shooting.

I know there are a lot of tragedies in this world and I'm always praying for and remembering all those killed in Iraq and other troubled places, but school shootings seem so close and make us feel so vulnerable. I had a niece who was attending Santana High in Santee California at the time of the shooting there back in 2001. I remember hearing soon afterwards about how a dad showed up at a safe area near the school where the students were assembled to check on his son, only to find out that his son was the shooter. It's just gut-wrenching to think of this awful situation for everyone. Please pray for all those involved!

By the way, my niece was uninjured despite the fact that she knew the shooter and was very close to where everything had happened.

No comments: