Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frankly Speaking V

Frank was very fascinated this morning by his discovery of "a penny" stuck in the back of one of our big soft chairs. He and Gus (who braved a rather significant bump on the head for his little brother) carefully fished it out and Frank carried it about with him proudly for awhile. He showed me his "penny", which I had to tell him, in all honesty, was really a nickel.

"No, it's not a nickel," he said.

"Yes, it is a nickel," I countered.

"This is a nickel," he conceded, pointing to one side.

"This is not a nickel," he said, pointing to the other side.

"It IS a nickel," I firmly reinforced thinking this was an argument I couldn't lose.

"This is not a nickel," he stubbornly repeated, still pointing to the "other" side.

"Okay, if it's not a nickel, what is it?" I, o-so-smartly asked.

"It's a house!"

No comments: