Suzanne tagged me
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
The Divine Praises
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes. Also, we have a bottle of holy water from Fatima (in what looks like a wine bottle covered with a very intricate decorative layer of cork) from John's trip there when he was 16.
5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
I really appreciate that God can take our sufferings and bring good out of them. I try to say the Morning Offering every day, though I'm not very consistent about morning prayers. And so we've added it to our "traveling prayers" in the car, which works out pretty well.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Not regularly right now, though I've done them consistently in the past.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
Not regularly. There is a church a few towns over that has perpetual adoration. We try to drop by for a visit whenever we're in the area.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday morning, usually one of the later Masses available.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Agnes, St. Cecelia (my confirmation patron), St. Tarcisius, St. Sebastian, St. John the Evangelist, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Dominic de Guzman, St. John Vianney, Blessed Mother Teresa and others.
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes, though I sometimes get it mixed up with the Nicene Creed (usually when I'm not paying enough attention).
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Sometimes. It's usually more of an informal "chat".
13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
In front of the Blessed Sacrament.
14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Helen's bonus question: If you could visit any of Our Lady's apparition sites, which one would you choose?
Fatima - especially because of my ethnic background, though the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico is a close second. When John and I moved to San Diego (in 1995 - we were only there for two years), I very naively thought that we could easily drive down to visit Guadalupe - not realizing that it was over 700 miles away!
And on a related note, no, I still haven't found my St. John Vianney relic (original story here). I feel like I've been given a great treasure and not taken care of it very well. I have done an extraordinary amount of cleaning and organizing (particularly in the basement) in the last few months looking for it, but only realized the myriad of possible places it could be hiding in. :(