I thought this was a really interesting quiz on British Catholic History:
1.Where in Rome is a monument to the man comemorated in the "Skye Boat song"?
2.Which English king established Westminster Abbey?
3.Who was Bishop Richard Challoner?
4.Who is the hero of the London plague, whose body lies in Westminster Cathedral?
5. Who was Margaret Clitheroe and where is her home to be found?
6.What is the Royal Maundy?
7.Why is the Hilary law term so named?
8.Where is Tyburn? What now comemorates the Catholic martyrs who suffered there?
9. Name the village outside Oxford where John Henry Newman was recievd into the Catholic Church.
10. Who wrote the hymn "Faith of our Fathers"?
12.Where is Hilaire Belloc buried?
13.Who was Anne Line?
14.Who was Abbot Richard Whiting?
15. Give the rest of the line of this poem:
"Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
16.Who had a vision of Our Lady at Walsingham, causing a shrine to be erected there?
17.Who was St Thomas More's son in law, who wrote an acount of More's death?
18.Who was the first Archbishop of Westminster, following the restoration of the RC hierarchy in England and Wales in 1850?
19. Who was St George?
20. When did Pope John Paul 1 visit Britain?
21. Which famous London Catholic church comemorates a Saxon princess from Ely?
It comes from Aunt Joanie Writes. I hope she'll post the answers later, though I'm sure I could find most of them on the Internet (perhaps a good project to work on with Ria). Off the top of my head, I can only answer 5, 10 and 17.
Hat tip, Rich Leonardi