Friday, August 04, 2006

Ria's Religion Materials

I'm actually working on a Religion list for Ria and Gilbertgirl, some of which they'll study with others in their co-op class as well.

Here's the list I have so far:

Catechism of the Catholic Church Part I: Profession of Faith
Saint Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox by G.K. Chesterton
The Case for Christianity by C.S. Lewis
selections from The Hidden Stream by Ronald Knox
A Map of Life by Frank Sheed
Refuting the Attack on Mary by Father Mateo (Catholic Answers)
Pope Benedict XVI: God's Revolution, World Youth Day and Other Cologne Talks
Thoughts of Saint Therese (TAN)
Young and Catholic: The Face of Tomorrow's Church by Tim Drake

I'm generally planning on having them read the entire Bible over the following three years, but might pick out a few Epistles to read this year. I'd like to pick out one more Chesterton title (since they both like Chesterton a lot) that would be relevant and reasonably accessible. Any suggestions?

No comments: