Monday, August 07, 2006

Book Meme

Got tagged by Maureen

1. One book that changed your life.

Friends of God by Josemarie Escriva. When I was in college, a lady from Opus Dei came once a month to lead a discussion group for women. She read aloud parts from this book (I'm pretty sure it was this book) and we discussed them. It was an important time for me.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once.

The Iliad by Homer Yes, it was even better the second time around.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island.

The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It by John Seymour (no I don't have it - I just looked it up on Amazon)

4. One book that made you laugh.

Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse

5. One book that made you cry.

Karen by Marie Killilea

6. One book that you wish had been written.

There's No Place Like Rome by Archbishop Levebvre

7. One book that you wish had never been written.

His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman

8. One book you’re currently reading.

Down to the Bonny Glen by Melissa Wiley

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read.

Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson - this keeps showing up on my list and then something happens. One of these days!

Oops - I forgot to tag people. I tag electroblogster, Ria, Gilbergirl, mysticalrose_84 and any other relative or friend who might actually desire to be tagged.

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I always start Kidnapped and never finish. I'm actually trying again right now, and hoping to finally succeed, but so many things are getting in the way!

I hope you have better luck. :)

love2learnmom said...

How funny! I haven't actually started it yet, but I REALLY intend to. :)