Saturday, April 08, 2006

Meet the Austins

I'm almost finished reading Meet the Austins by Madeleine L'Engle. I picked it up at last week's library book sale and Ria gobbled it up immediately. "You have to read this," she said. "They're like us." I often don't get around to reading the books Ria would like me to, but I have to admit that this was one of the most intriguing enticements I've ever had to read a book - to find out what my 12 year old daughter thinks of our family!

It's good news, I think. :) Here's a pertinent quote...


"Of course, Mother and Daddy shout some too," John said, "but it's different. I can't explain why it's different, but it is."

"It certainly is!" I said.

"Mother says she can never stay mad at Daddy no matter how hard she tries. And Daddy says, 'Stay mad! You won't even let me get mad at you,' and then they laugh. Aren't you sorry for people who don't laugh, Vicky?"

"Yes. And people who don't love music and books."

"And people," John said.


Ria and I think it might be fun to make one of those online quizzes for "Which storybook family are you?"

No comments: