Friday, March 10, 2006

Netflix Silliness

A funny thing happened to us last week with our Netflix account. I returned the movie G.K. Chesterton: Apostle of Common Sense - dropped it in the mail box as usual in its paper sleeve with the title on it, inside the Netflix envelope. The only problem was, the next day I noticed that this Chesterton DVD (which is quite good, by the way - at least what I had time to see after having it in the house for, I believe, six weeks - Ria loved it) was still in our fan-shaped DVD holder. Ugh. I had seen the Chesterton one, but accidentally pulled out one behind it - one of our own movies. I went to the website to see if I could notify Netflix of the mistake so that we could correct it, but their customer service information is very close-looped. There are a set group of 10 or so problems you can report, but it does not include "stupidly returned customer's DVD". I gnashed my teeth a little, not minding that I might be the proud owner of a Chesterton DVD, but worried that Ignatius had made special arrangements to have these movies at Netflix and that someone would get short-changed. It was Ria who came up with the solution - "Just order the Chesterton movie again, mom, and switch it yourself." Brilliantly simple, though I wasn't sure if it would work. Sure enough, the movie came back yesterday, we opened the Chesterton sleeve and there was Spanglish with it's "World's Greatest Sandwich" gleaming from the front of the disc.

Ria 1, Netflix o

No comments: