Monday, January 09, 2006

Memed

My sister memed me. I think this is easily turning into a Confession Meme for me partly because I don't do a lot of things by habit; if anything I'm weird about not having a lot of habits.

Rules: "The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."

1. I talk to the other cars when I'm driving around (with the windows closed). It's quite polite (and embarrassingly silly - "Okay, Mister, I've got the right-of-way here...") as I'm used to driving lots of little kids around. But it was pretty embarassing when I caught myself doing this while driving my 20 year old nephew around one day.

2. I hate parking my monstrous 15 passenger van. I park excessively far away from stores, even in mucky winter weather. Snow doesn't generally keep me off the roads, but I once skipped my son's gymnastics class because I didn't want to deal with the messy, snowy parking lot.

3. I lose my keys habitually. This is mostly because I don't habitually carry a purse, but rely upon pockets instead. I've discovered that also habitually having a messy desk is a nasty combination. (I'm currently working on breaking this habit by carrying a purse). Yawn.

4. I start lots of books and generally finish less than half of them.

5. I take a lot of those silly quizzes people put on their blogs but almost never post them on my blog. Let’s see… according to these quizzes, I’m Katharine Hepburn, Joan of Arc, Indiana Jones, Lady Cordelia Flyte, Pope Pius X, and Dumbledore; from the Numenorean Race; a golden retriever puppy, a child of the 80s, and was in fact written by Dr. Seuss. I highly object, however, to the quiz that labeled me 100% British. Holy Saint Brigid! Sure, I like Chesterton, Tolkien and Lewis… and Jane Austen… and Edmund Campion… and Shakespeare… and Rumer Godden… and Hilaire Belloc… and P.G. Wodehouse…and Evelyn Waugh well enough, but there’s not a drop of British blood in me!

I'll tag Nutmeg since she tagged me last time (and follow Clairity's example of just tagging one person).

No comments: